Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reminiscing 2014


The countdown for 2015 has officially begun. And i am here, at the same place where I was at the very beginning, when the year had just started, at Ngwe Saung, a popular beach destination just 150 miles from Yangon. But today as I stare at the majestic ocean stretched out in front of me in all its glory, I sense a strange feeling of sadness welling up within me. And I can't help but think of all the lost lives, lying somewhere hidden beneath its cool waters. 
How can the very same place that gave me so much joy, so many memories, appear menacingly eerie as though mocking at my sheer helplessness? I sit here soaking my feet in its crystal blue waters, feeling insignificant and irrelevant amidst its vastness. There shall be no resolutions this year, I say; no fireworks and no complaints. Just a quick thank you for the year that went by and a prayer for what awaits us on the other side.

Happy New Year everybody

Feeling lost in its sheer vastness

No comments:

Post a Comment